Fertility on a Weekly Budget: 3 Steps to Stop Wasting Money
Truth: Trying to Conceive (TTC) gets more expensive over time.
It’s undeniably tempting to self-educate & research the latest ways to get pregnant. Unfortunately, it often leads to wasting money on supplements, herbs, fertility teas, and technology that don’t deliver a big fat positive (BFP).
Wasting money & hope can make the whole process of TTC even more overwhelming and frustrating.
So, here is my advice if you have been trying to get pregnant and don’t know what to try/buy next.
Ask for help from a professional fertility expert.
It is a small investment that will save you time, money, and tears.
Here is my 3 step plan to getting pregnant on a budget:
1. Commit to the journey: There is no quick fix to establishing a fertile environment and it’s easy to forget there are two sides to fertility story:
- It takes a minimum of 3 months (90 days) for a female to develop & produce an egg (oocyte).
- It takes a minimum of 2.5 months (76 days) for a male to produce a sperm cell.
2. Commit to a plan: If you thought committing to at least a 3 month journey sounded challenging, this step is even more daunting, but much better for your wallet. Committing to a plan requires saying a firm “no” to that herb/tea/supplement you just read about on a fertility forum. Stop throwing money away by buying every supplement you hear about. Those $20 teas and bottles of herbs purchased by impulse shopping can add up fast!
3. Commit to a budget: Before you start shopping, commit to a budget that works for you. You can always revamp it if your financial situation changes. The most important thing is to stick to your budget, because the added stress of finances can push you over the edge when you’re TTC.
Here are some examples of how far your budget goes on a professionally designed fertility plan:
Please leave comments or reach out to Michelle if you need help designing a natural fertility plan that works for you & your wallet. Specific products used in this estimate are listed after the “Read More” jump.
Sending prosperity and baby dust your way!
For simplicity, all products priced on Amazon, links embedded here.
- Basal Body Temperature Thermometer
- New Chapter Perfect Prenatal 270 count
- Preseed Lubricant
- Reference Book: Making Babies by Sami David, MD and Jill Blakeway, L.Ac.
- Reference Book: Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler